Uiriamu's Sketchbook
Incredible stuff! Amazing shapes and values.
I would love to see you sketch loosely, from imagination, around a specific concept or a topic.
Looking forward to more! :)

Beautiful line quality and those portraits are incredibly done; cool to see someone else on here from CA.org days too! Hope to see more updates from you in the near future, curious what you've been drawing lately!

Nice work! Very happy to have another artist here who seems to love portraits as much as I do (my sketchbook thread is filled with them too).

To get better at working out of your imagination, the way I broke it down for myself in my own artistic development was like this:

-Foundational studies (perspective, anatomy/figure, lighting/forms/surface properties, etc. Having a strong grasp of how things are structured and how different perspectives will create different psychological effects, how lighting and colors alter the mood, and how surface types create visual fidelity, will make the things you depict from your imagination come alive.

-Building up visual library (becoming familiarized with various design sensibilities and approaches for hair, fashion, ethnicities, ages, body types, environments, props, vehicles, creatures, weapons, etc.)

-Building up familiarity with how professional creatives compose the camera angles and light their scenes and design their color palettes (movie, game, TV show screenshots, illustrations, concept art, master's paintings, photography, etc.) Do studies from them to walk a few miles in their shoes and assimilate what you like about their sensibilities.

-Think like a storyteller/film director/game designer and create stories and characters and worlds that fascinate and resonate with you, so you have a rich and abundant imaginative source to draw from. These don't necessarily have to be fantastical like sci-fi/fantasy/horror--they can also just be dramas about the human condition and you can imagine scenes and moments from these stories to illustrate. Concept art, illustrations, character portraits--you'll never run out of inspiration when you have your own worlds, characters, and stories living in your imagination.
Some really great work here, very impressive. Your portraits are very well done, loving all the skin and color tones as well as interesting brush work. Very professional looking, great job!