Sketchbook: Version 1.5
No ink drawing today I'm afraid. Had a busy evening. Got a little study time in though. Trying to overcome the problems I'm having with eyes.

OK....so...here we go. 

1. Eye studies, because I'm struggling with them (more to come, many more lol)
2. Straight ink with a Pentel brush pen. This was fun...thanks darktiste.
3. Blindly sketching with Shaman in mind for the CHOW....(I really should dig up so e reference)

Nice updates. I really dig those eye studies, hopefully they'll get you a better understanding of how they work. Keep it up!

cgmythology - Thank you...yeah, I'm hoping to concentrate on the features of the face a bit more. I'm still failing to place them in the face though. As we can see here. Going to keep it up though. Things will come together. Cheers!

----

Here's some more mess...Really messed up that last portrait >.<

Really cool updates here and nice to see someone working traditionally. Keep up the great work!

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
To all artists struggling to create and are intimidated by A.I. (anti-imagination)
Sun "Everything has been done, but not by you" Sun
(05-07-2024, 11:29 PM)Lege1 Wrote: Really cool updates here and nice to see someone working traditionally. Keep up the great work!

Thank you. I actually feel much more "at home" working traditionally. I love digital stuff, I just find myself getting frustrated when I try it. I'd just really like to get proficient with pencil and ink mainly.

Did you reply to my thread before about doing master copies of Sargent? I'm not sure if it was deleted or I accidentally pressed something. Either way, it was duly noted!

-----

Only a very rough sketch. Nothing really substantial. I've been trying different things for the CHOW.

Admittedly I've not been studying. So I thought, as it's Friday, I'll just have some fun. Friday Fun Time. Digital Sketching >.<

Here's something from a few days ago. Just trying faces from imagination...much more substantial post inbound in a few more minutes.

Ok, are we ready for some terrible drawings? Because you're getting some. Mainly for documentation. I attended my monthly life drawing session yesterday. I just wish I could attend some more frequently, but they only run once a month where I'm available out of work to be able to make it. Anyways, here you go...

I suggest keeping the imaginative stuff realistic for a while so that you will be able to tweak your proportion alot better later on.Also focus on breaking the model into is basic form in the live drawing session it get you much further then trying to capture it with flat value and just look at the model you gotta see past the model you gotta break it down.To much flatness doesn<t translate to imagination.

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.
darktiste - I see what you're saying and I'll definitely try that when I feel more focused. Sometimes I do just go with it to see what happens. Just to play around and see if anything interesting 'just happens'. I know it's not such great practice. 

I'll keep that in mind for my next life drawing session thanks.

----

Here's a page I used as a warm up while watching one of David Finch's streams. The one where he was oil painting Moonknight with E.M Gist...So I tried a bit of a draw along.

and, my work so far on the current CHoW...

In your sketches and studies, focus more on getting the proportions and shapes right, because no amount of expressive line quality and brushwork will mask deficiencies in the underlying structure. Take the necessary time to "explain" the structure of whatever it is you're drawing, and then you can lavish expressive rendering on it to make it more individualistic in sensibility.